Inverted or flat nipples are the result of short lactiferous milk bearing) ducts. The Niplette is designed to lengthen these ducts by the
application of gentle suction. It is painless and easy to use. Until recently,
the only effective method of correcting inverted nipples was surgery, a costly
solution that ruled out breastfeeding for good. The Niplette quickly corrects
inverted nipples and has proven to be a permanent solution for both cosmetic
purposes and normal breastfeeding.
Instructions for use (see diagrams)
Use nipple ointment sparingly on the nipple and areola before applying the Niplette and apply on the base of the Niplette.
1. Push the syringe firmly into the open end of the valve.
2. Hold the Avent Niplette over the inverted nipple with one hand and apply
suction by pulling the syringe with the other.
Pull as firmly as is comfortable. Do not pull too hard - a small smear of the ointment at the base of the Niplette will improve the seal and suction.
3. When the nipple has been pulled out, let go of the Niplette, hold the valve and carefully separate the syringe from the valve. If air is re-injected as it is being removed, the device will come off.
You are now free to continue your daily activities wearing the Niplette. It can be easily concealed under loose clothing, but with tighter clothing or sweaters, the device will show through. The Protective Covers can be used to help conceal the Niplette from showing through tighter clothing.
• If you are using the Protective Covers to help keep the Niplette from detaching, carefully feed the tube into the hole of the Shell and center the hole over the Niplette, then cover with your bra. Or, you may bend the tube and place the Cover over the Niplette.
To remove the Avent Niplette, push the syringe into the valve to release the vacuum.
To obtain the best and swiftest results the Avent Niplette should ideally be worn for around eight hours a day and at the maximum suction comfortable for you. One Niplette is required for each inverted nipple. Order a Single Unit if you need to treat only one nipple and a Twin Pack if you need to treat both nipples. It is possible to wear the device overnight provided you do not sleep on your front and it may be convenient to wear a loose fitting bra. The Protective Covers will also help keep in place while sleeping.
• To prevent soreness or nipple trauma, start out wearing only an hour the first day, and each day your time can be increased slowly. The goal is to be wearing it for eight hours a day. Do not wear it day and night!
Used regularly, the nipple should fill the mould within approximately three weeks. Continue to use the Avent Niplette until the nipple does not retract. Use of the Niplette can then be reduced. Any initial tendency to retract is easily overcome by intermittent usage.
Some individuals may notice a small amount of discharge from their nipples when it has been used for a period of time, this is entirely normal. Bloody, green or brown discharge noted upon using for the first time should be reported to a health care professional.
If required the Niplette can be cleaned in warm, soapy water. DO NOT sterilize.
Contact me directly if you notice any triphasic color changes to your nipple during use: (purple, black, deep red)